Whether you're designing a new home or you're looking to spruce up the look of your kitchen, cabinetry hardware is a small detail that can pack a big design punch. With all of the options available on the market, it can be easy to feel overwhelmed and unsure of where to start. We've put together some helpful tips when selecting your new hardware.
• Function is important in this decision. If you're choosing hardware for a cabinet or drawer that you'll be accessing every day, you want to make sure you select something that feels comfortable in your hand. In busy areas you may want to go with a smooth knob or pull over something textured that will be harder to clean.
• If you have warm tones in your home, you'll traditionally want to go with gold, black or bronze hardware.
• Colder paint tones like greys are more suited to silver, pewter, black and stainless steel hardware.
• When in doubt, take a look at your appliance and light fixture colours and pick hardware that coordinates.
• Mixing and matching is a great way to add personality and highlight particular cabinets. This works especially well on a contrasting kitchen island.
Don't be afraid to be bold with your decision. Cabinet hardware is an inexpensive way to change up the look of your home, so you can afford to take a little risk!